Graham's 5 Months!

The boys playing in the activity mat Just hanging out in our (messy!) playroom


First time in the jumperoo!!
It's hard to believe that Graham is already 5 months old. I know that I say this all the time, but it's going by way too fast. Way too fast! Yesterday, he rolled over from his back to his tummy. He had started rolling onto his side, so I suspected that it would be soon. I stayed close, cheered him on, and away he went! Now, I'm thinking that he is going to start rolling to get where he wants to get....let the baby proofing begin! It's just amazing to watch him learn, grow and change. Last night, I just had to sneak into both boys rooms to check on them and to steal one more kiss before I went to bed. I accidentally woke Graham up, but it was worth it to have one more snuggle before bed.
In the last month, Graham has started grabbing his feet and trying hard to put them into his mouth. He's holding toys and reaching for the ones he wants to hold. He can now take his paci out of his mouth and put it back in. We're still swaddling him at night, but hoping to move away from it sometime in the upcoming weeks/months. (I know with Logan, I began to worry I'd be swaddling him when he started high school!) I tried to leave his arms free the other night and he woke up as soon as I put him down in the crib....sigh. He's sleeping better at night, but still wakes up to eat about 2 times. But, he can sleep up to 6-7 hours in the first stretch. His naps are becoming regular and usually happen from 9-10, 12-2 and 4-5 (ish.) This is wonderful to know about when he'll want to sleep, but I do feel like we're tied to the house a bit right now. He sleeps the best at home, in his crib, so it's getting harder for him to nap when we're out and about. By the time he wakes up, I feed him and change him, we usually only have an hour and a half before he wants to sleep again. This makes running errands or meeting friends kind of challenging right now. But, I know he'll probably drop that 3rd nap soon enough and things will spread out a bit. Right now, I'm just going to enjoy the quiet time while he sleeps :)



0 comments: