In Texas...

We made it here safe and sound. Logan did wonderful in the car and I really was so thankful. He woke up before 6am on Thursday and I optimistically thought maybe I would make it on the road by 8 or 8:30am....no such luck...I just forget that you literally run for 3 hours back and forth trying to get everything ready to pack. It is insane! Every time I would think I was close to being ready, I would remember something else that we needed to bring. Between packing, picking up the house, setting up the cat (my neighbor is going by there to check on him) and feeding Logan breakfast, we barely made it out the door by 9:30am. Whew. AND I still had to drive over 5 hours. We stopped in Texarcana and ate at the Chickfila. I managed to walk the dogs (briefly) while chasing Logan. We got to Mom and Dad's in one piece...


So far, we've been having a great time! Logan remembered my parents which is a huge blessing. He is going through stranger anxiety big time right now. Big Scary Uncle Marty was another story...LOL. (Heck, I'm still scared of him sometimes!) He did sit in Aunt Jill's lap today which warmed my heart. I'm sad that we're not closer to our families and that this even has to be an issue. I feel like a little boy should know all of the people who love him and get the joy of having them around. 

We took Logan to storytime at the library here which was adorable! We've also taken many walks outside and been to the park. He loves to pick up the acorns! I think that he is saying "UH" for uh-oh and "ba ba ba" for banana. These are pretty consistent. Talking has been a slow process for him! But, he is understanding so much. He bring us everything and will go "give Granddad a kiss" or "take that to Memaw." So cute! He's also signing a lot-his regulars are eat, more, milk, please, banana. We're working on water and drink right now. 

I'm headed to bed because I can't seem to catch up on my rest. Do you ever feel like sleep just isn't enough? We're going over to Shane's parents tomorrow to spend some much needed time with Logan's Grandma and Grandpa. He misses them! More updates soon...

0 comments: