It's the best
My favorite thing in the world that Logan does is run up to me and give me a spontaneous hug. It's the best thing in the whole world. It's one thing when they're tiny babies and you're snuggling with them, but it's completely different when by choice they decide that they need to hug you! It really warms my heart.
I have to say that parenting is way harder and way more wonderful then I ever imagined that it would be. There are days when I wonder if I am doing enough to mold him into a smart and well rounded person. I wonder if I am teaching him enough, talking to him enough, if he's eating enough, doing enough, around enough people....if all of it is enough....But, I have learned in the short 16 months that I have been a Mom that being there for them and doing the best you can IS enough. Learning anything new is hard and I can say that I have learned more as a parent then I ever have before. There is always pressure to teach them what you know and to set a good example. But, then there are days when something just clicks for them and you think "Wow. I'm doing a good thing here."
Posted in: on Sunday, October 5, 2008 at at 10:05 AM