No More Paci
It's safe to say that I am back among the living. Whew! I feel like that was a close one! I spent most of yesterday on the couch and tried to take it easy a bit today. Shane went back to work (officially-he's been working from home this week) so Logan and I were on our own today. We spent a LOT of time reading through his new books (Thanks everyone!!) and playing with his Christmas toys. I even made dinner for my poor husband tonight. I have to say something really quick here about him. How great is a man who can be up all night himself with the stomach flu and THEN turn around and take care of his wife the entire next day? Pretty great if I do say so myself.
Okay, moving on....today I had put all of the paci's in the kitchen to boil them (we're in super clean mode in our house) and it was time for Logan's nap. If you remember, my original plan with the paci's was to lose them at 18 months. Well, this was after my original plan to lose them at a year....anyways.....since a year he's only gotten one at bedtime (naps or nighttime) and then he leaves it in his bed when he wakes up. So, I haven't been too worried about it. Plus, he's such a great sleeper that I didn't want to rock the boat. Okay, back to today--Logan got ready for a nap and I realized that I had never boiled the paci's. So, I just went without one and he did great! He didn't even start looking for it or fuss at all. Tonight he stirred a little bit more then normal but eventually settled in just fine-NO PACI! How exciting! So, as long as we can stick with it, we'll be paci free!!! Woo hoo!!
That's all for now. Go back a few entries if you didn't see some of the Christmas pics that I put on there. It's called "Great Grandparents." For some reason, it didn't put that entry first even though I just now published it. I'm hoping to get the rest of our Christmas pics on here this weekend.
Posted in: on Friday, January 2, 2009 at at 9:38 PM