This week
This week has felt like an eternity...it's one of those weeks where blogging last Fri night feels like FOREVER ago. Saturday I had the dog evaluation at the hospital and was there from 9-5ish. It was a long day, but we did have several teams pass so that was great news. After I got home, we were hanging out on the couch and reading books with Logan when Booker let out one low bark. Shane went to the window and saw that our street was full of fire trucks, police and ambulances. I ran outside, immediately knowing that something was wrong with our good friends and next door neighbors, Jeannie and Billy. We soon got the terrible news that Billy was dead. It was truly one of the most horrible things that I have ever been through and I'm praying everyday for my neighbor and her family. Please keep them in your thoughts and prayers as she begins the long grieving process. Billy was a wonderful man. Full of life and artistic and I know that he will be greatly missed.
We muddled through the week the best we could....Through any tragedy, I have to find a few positive things....One is, I was reminded of the major reason why I fell in love with Shane. He is such a good man. As we both worked to do any little thing that we could to support this family this week, I saw him do many things that he wasn't asked to do, simply because he knew it was a small way he could help out. I found myself admiring his strength and leaning on him in a way that I haven't in a long time. We also had the pleasure of keeping Jeannie's new puppy for the week. She was 2 pounds and just adorable. You know we're usually not small dog people, so it was a unique opportunity to live with a tiny dog. She was adorable and Logan loved her. This experience also made us see what wonderful neighbors that we have. I cannot tell you how many people told us that they ran out of their houses fearing for our little boy when they saw all of those emergency vehicles. They came to me many times throughout the week to see what they could do for Jeannie and her family. This has given us more of a sense of community in a tragic sort of way. Shane made the comment that we have experienced it all in AR now-birth and death.
I just haven't had it in my heart to come on here and write about all of the fun and wonderful things happening in our life this week. I felt that in some way, I had to pay tribute to this family first. Please continue to pray for them and put them on your prayer lists.
Posted in: on Sunday, May 10, 2009 at at 8:19 PM
Kami, hope you are having better week. So sorry to hear about your neighbor. We can't wait to see you all for Memorial day.